Google Cloud Announces Partnerships with Web3 Startups
On April 25, Google Cloud announced partnerships with Solana, Alchemy, Nansen, and several other crypto firms as part of the web3 startup program. This initiative provides startups with “credits” to use Google’s servers and other Google-wide offers to assist emerging web3 companies.
New Support for Pre-Seed to Series A Projects
Eligible web3 technology startups from pre-seed to series A projects can opt-in to web3-specific benefits from newly announced partners. Entities providing a range of grants to support web3 startups building on Google Cloud include Aptos, Celo, Flow, the HBAR Foundation, Near, and the Solana Foundation, collectively offering $6 million in grants. In addition, Nansen is offering discounts on its analytics products, while Alchemy is providing members with credits to its suite of services, mentorship, and priority access to its web3 bootcamp.
The startup program provides various benefits for web3 projects, including:
- Access to investments up to $3 million USD from the Polygon Ventures Ecosystem Fund
- Priority review from the Ventures Team
- Exclusive access to Polygon Venture benefits
- Priority review for the Base Ecosystem Fund
- Access to the Coinbase Ventures and Listing teams
- A discord channel for support
- Invitations to Base meetups and events
- Additional testnet Base Goerli ETH
- Free month of Nansen Query and a 20% discount on Nansen products and engagement fees for 12 months
- Up to $10,000 in Alchemy credits with VIP support and mentorship, and priority access to Alchemy University
- Gasless contract deployment with thirdweb
- Dedicated development support
- Dollar-matching up to $2,500 to promote Explore marketplace custom contracts
James Tromans, Google Cloud’s web3 engineering director, and Ryan Kiskis, the director of Google Cloud’s Startup Ecosystem, shared in a new article on the Google Cloud blog post, “Our new benefits give Web3 projects and startups the technology, community, and resources that they need to focus on innovation over infrastructure.” The announcement goes on to highlight additional benefits, including early access to Google Cloud web3 products and access to hands-on learning labs around web3 and new releases in Google Cloud technology.
The announcement by Google Cloud provides a powerful foundation for ongoing innovation and development in the web3 space, which some experts questioned amid the cooldown moment sparked by the crypto winter.